Before sending out designs and patterns to a postcard printing company, you should always be sure about the look of your postcards. Many people like to have postcards printed to give as souvenirs to other people, to use them as giveaways in events, and some to sell and make money out of their designs. For beginners, they need to consider different factors before jumping into the printing bandwagon.
Here are some very useful tips for those new and indie postcard designers to make it into the realm of printing:
- When choosing or making a design for your postcard, you have to make sure that your message is loud and clear. Postcards are actually vehicles to send out messages to other people and these must be clear in your design. Do not forget about the color contrasts, brightness and other aspects of your picture.
- If you are selling these postcards or you have personal or business clients who are interested to buy, you always need to know what they are looking for and what they want to see. Know who your target clients are and cater to what they need.
- Experienced postcard entrepreneurs know how important it is to use high resolution images when printing. The image that you see on the screen of the computer may not necessarily translate into the card when printed. But when you use high resolution images, you can get the image to look as close to the real thing as possible. Images are sharp and crisp and the colors are also vibrant and they may look the way you want them to be.
- Do not be afraid to use color in your postcard. Color attracts attention and it also makes the image more vibrant and inviting. You may pay a little bit more for a full color printing but it will be worth it.
- Choose designs that are appropriate for the season. You may ask the printing company that you have tied up with to make holiday greeting cards with your design on them. This way, you may increase your sales by expanding from your usual routine.